Symptoms to Know When a Damaged Filling is a Dental Emergency
Neglecting dental issues such as a cracked tooth or other oral problems can cause significant harm to a person’s dental well-being. At ACE Dental of Bellmead in Texas, our proficient dentists can alleviate your discomfort at our top-notch dental clinic. Continue reading to discover when to seek emergency dental care for a loose filling.
Request An Appointment
Determining When to Seek Dental Emergency Care
A dental emergency typically refers to any situation that involves facial bone trauma, uncontrollable bleeding, or other severe symptoms that require immediate attention. Urgent dental care is essential in these circumstances. Below are some common dental emergencies:
- An infected tooth
- Jawline fracture
- Gumline injury
- Missing restorations
- Fractured filling
Schedule An Appointment
Facts About Dental Fillings
- Dental fillings are one of the most common dental procedures, with millions of fillings placed each year.
- The most common material used for dental fillings is composite resin, made of a mixture of plastic and glass particles.
- Other materials used for fillings include amalgam (a mixture of metals), gold, and porcelain.
- Dental fillings are used to restore teeth damaged by decay, cracks, or fractures.
- It’s important to get regular dental check-ups to detect and treat any decay early, before it progresses and requires a filling.
- Proper oral hygiene, including regular brushing and flossing, can help prevent the need for fillings by reducing the amount of bacteria and plaque on the teeth.
- Fillings can last for many years, but may need to be replaced if they become worn, cracked, or dislodged.
- Some people may experience tooth sensitivity or discomfort after getting a filling, but this usually subsides within a few days.
- Patients with allergies or sensitivities to certain materials used in fillings should inform their dentist before getting a filling.
Real Patient Reviews
See what our happy patients say about us
4.6 Avg Rating
66 Total Reviews
Review from W.B.
Review from K.S.
Review from K.G.
Review from W.B.
Get in Touch with Our Bellmead, TX Team for Dental Emergencies
Tooth fillings are durable and can last long, but accidents can happen. A filling can crack due to daily wear and tear. The same bacteria that caused your tooth decay can fill the gap left by a chipped filling, leading to more extensive erosion of your tooth. If you experience this common dental problem, seek help as soon as possible to avoid more severe complications. You cannot fix a broken filling yourself, but you can do a few things to reduce discomfort before seeking help.
If you have a dental emergency or a broken tooth-colored filling, contact our Bellmead, TX, team for treatment. At ACE Dental of Bellmead, our dental professionals prioritize emergencies such as broken tooth fillings. If our office is closed, calmly follow our instructions to determine what you can do for prompt dental care.