Five Things to Know Before Starting Invisalign® Treatment
Invisalign treatment is the future of orthodontic care. It provides the same beautifying effects as braces without the associated pain and inconvenience. Faster, too, as you or your loved one can enjoy an accelerated treatment timeline.
Invisalign aligners are excellent for younger patients. At ACE Dental of Bellmead, we're excited to offer the same great, friendly care to teens and adults because orthodontic health is for everybody! Just contact us today to explore your options in Bellmead, TX.
Five Things to Know Before Starting Invisalign Treatment
1) Invisalign treatment is a fantastic opportunity for patients from all walks of life. This includes patients across the age range. Even though it may be beneficial to undergo this treatment while younger, since one's dental tissues are more malleable during youth, this isn't a limiting factor.
If you're wondering if one needs to have all their adult teeth to use Invisalign aligners, the answer is no. "Eruption tabs" provide adolescents the benefit of leaving room for the permanent teeth to erupt or emerge. So, even those who do not have their wisdom teeth can still enjoy the same great orthodontic benefits. In fact, these eruption tabs ensure that the final molars appear in the correct place and do not overcrowd other teeth.
2) Invisalign aligners include a "compliance indicator," a spot toward the rear of the retainer that wears off with daily use. Therefore, based on the fading of this indicator, we can tell if a patient is using their retainers as often as they should.
It's a great tool to ensure that teens and youngsters remain accountable and on schedule. Because, after all, reluctance to comply with daily use recommendations only means a longer treatment period.
3) Speaking of overcrowding, Invisalign treatment doesn't just provide a wonderful aesthetic boost; it can also prevent numerous problems that could otherwise arise. Complications like overbite or underbite can lead to musculoskeletal problems that cause pain and discomfort.
Overcrowding can cause similar woes while accelerating tooth decay by blocking off the surfaces of adjacent teeth. This impedes cleaning efforts and lets bacteria build up and eat away one's enamel, causing cavities and other complications. Improper spacing can also be detrimental, as gaps between the teeth leave room for the nearby teeth to migrate or shift into the open positions, throwing off mouth-wide dental alignment.
4) You or your loved one will need to wear the Invisalign aligners every day for upwards of 20 hours. Unlike braces, this means you can enjoy a few breaks. Since the retainers are removable, one can easily pop them out at mealtimes, meaning there are no culinary restrictions as there would be with braces.
5) Invisalign aligners should also be removed for hygiene, so one can more comprehensively brush and floss without having to navigate around a metal framework. Your total treatment will also be lower, as Invisalign treatment offers quicker results. All with minimal pain because each set of retainers (you'll receive new ones every couple of weeks) will only move your teeth by fractions of an inch.
Contact us for a healthy, winning smile
Achieving a dreamy smile is easier and quicker than ever, thanks to the amazingly advanced results offered by Invisalign treatment. Whatever your age or whichever orthodontic issues you may experience, ACE Dental of Bellmead is here for your optimal outcome. So get in touch today to find out how we can help you or your loved ones in Bellmead, TX. For your convenience, we are open on Saturdays and accept TRICARE insurance.